When you decide you would like to add a puppy to your family we are here help you through the process. While we would love everyone to take home one of our puppies we know that sometimes we just don't have what you are looking for when you are looking for it. We plan our litters based on what would make a good match and produce well rounded puppies and sometimes mother nature doesn't cooperate.
When you choose to get a puppy from us you can rest assured you have a healthy puppy and a breeder that will help you through all of the stages and questions you have.
All puppies purchased from Homegrown Huskies will have a spay/neuter agreement that specifically states they are to be fixed before 10 months of age. Failure to do so will result in legal action.
Choosing a puppy
Temperament, color, and sex are just some of the things that come in to play here. We're here to help, we just need to know what you're looking for. Once we know we can direct you to the parent or litter you will want to pick from if they are not already born.
We require a $200 non-refundable deposit to hold any puppy or pick. These can be placed by PayPal (+3.5%), Apple Pay, or Walmart Money Gram. This amount is subtracted from the total price due.
We always recommend visiting to pick or meet your puppy and meet us. We allow visits by appointment only and when time allows.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreaks we will limit visits to the farm to protect our family. We are willing to do video chats and other things with you to help you find your perfect fur baby.
This is an exciting day for everyone involved. For the occasion we recommend a new collar (small), a leash, and paper towels. If you are traveling more than 4 hours we also recommend a bowl to water them when you stop.
We often schedule pickups close together so we can do baths and only have to change clothes once so we ask that everyone sticks to the schedule as close as possible.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreaks we will limit visits to the farm to protect our family. We are willing to meet nearby and work with you to do what is safe for all parties.
Questions and Answers
- Do you do payment plans?
- Deposits and remaining payment is due before animal leaves the farm.
- Do you have a contract?
- We do not have a full length contract, a simple agreement to spay/neuter is in place.
- Will you hold a puppy after 8 weeks?
- Arrangements can be made on a case by case basis.
- Are you licensed to sell animals?
- Yes, our facility is inspected and we are licensed by the state of Iowa.
- Is shipping available?
- This is done on a case by case basis. We prefer pickup and will discuss with you before you decide to purchase from us. Shipping costs start out at ($450).
- What is the return policy?
- This is handled on a case by case basis.
- How does pick of the litter work?
- If you purchase a pick from a pairing you are contacted once a litter is born. By two weeks you must choose from the available or pass. We reserve the right to remove puppies from the available list for consideration in our program.